1 HOURS AGO Feeling pressured by your BF? @carol_weston weighs in: http://t.co/ep8EtKNgT5

2 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

2 HOURS AGO So excited for #TheGiver to hit theaters August 15—get a sneak peek + find out how you can win with your review! http://t.co/x9ACeg6yqx

COMMENTS

Thinking about Aurora: How to keep calm and carry on in a scary world

When I read about what happened in Aurora, Colo., last Friday morning, I was stunned. The man who walked through the side door of that movie theater...

I don't want to sound heartless,but I'm probably going to,so please don't freak. Whe things like this happen,I'm sad,because it's very unfortunate,but I don't greave about it,I don't think about it 24/7. It scares me,and I do want to learn more about what happened,but my mind isn't always wondering about it. To the point where I even get a little annoyed with this being one of the only things on the news.

And do you know why I feel that way? Because for whatever reason,this was meant to happen. This was in th cards for all these people,because this is what God had in mind. This is exactly as it should be,because this was meant to happen. This whole thing has brought sadness,but think about it; America is now closer & stronger because of it. I'm not heartless,and I do care,but why focus in the negative when this does have some silver lining to it?

by MadMaddie911 on 7/24/2012 1:17:02 PM

I live right by Aurora. All of Colorado is being extra cautious now at movie theatersFrown

by laxchickie19 on 7/24/2012 1:15:04 PM

im so sorry sarah510 that is very sad i feel sorry for your cuz cuz Frown

by smileygirl555 on 7/24/2012 12:54:28 PM

im not really scared by this it is sad though but this past year has been very hard on my tristate area with deaths and mostly murder so since i didnt now the ppl tht died im not affected at all although my bff is soo paraniod now she wont go to the movies with me Frown

by colie34720 on 7/24/2012 12:46:43 PM

After I heard about this I could barely sleep. This is very sad and scary. I know Holmes can't help it that he's disturbed, but he deserves the death penalty because if they try to keep him in jail until he dies, he could break out. I'm trying to calm down and live my life normally again and if you're reading this and it affected you to, just try to let go and not live your life with fear!! I'm praying for the people who where there and hurt...

by softballismyBFF on 7/24/2012 12:45:21 PM

I read about this in the newspaper, and I just started crying. It's very tragic. None of the people killed or injured deserved this. I have no idea what was going through this guy's head at the time, but hopefully he feels ashamed. My prayers are with the family and friends of the people that were injured or killed. Bless them as they are grieving. <3

by tinkerzbell123 on 7/24/2012 12:42:29 PM

When I heard about the Aurora shooting I thought: Everything's going to change now; soon there will be metal detectors at the movie theater. I am handling it by not thinking to hard about it (which I do feel guilty about) but I feel like if I think about it too hard, I will never be able to stop, so when it comes up in conversation, I just listen, I try not to talk, and when the conversations done, I move on with my life; I think it's the best any of us can do at this point.

by otter77 on 7/24/2012 12:36:17 PM

Sarah510 I'm sorry your cousin got hurt and hope she gets better.

fungirl123 Murder is not okay and massacres aren't a ke. I don't know of anyone who thinks that. I think it's pretty safe to say the whole country was sad about what happened.

But you can't live in fear. There are gonna be security in mvie theatres all over the country for a while. I'm gonna pray for the families and the people injured in this tragedy. Guns shouldn't be outlawed but, it should be harder to buy a gun than to buy Poptarts. There should be backrounds checks and mentality checks before you're allowed to buy a gun. We should all be thankful for what we have.

by scamp24 on 7/24/2012 12:28:14 PM

this was so sad and scary, particularly because it was so relatable. anyone could go to movie theater or to a midnight showing of a movie. honestly, these murders happen all the time, it's just no one hears about them because they happened in allies or were probably gang-related. but this colorado incident is very scary because anyone could have that happen to them (though it's very unlikely), and because most of the people killed were young. i think that the best thing we can do right now is just be glad it didn't happen to us and pray.

by music_lvr on 7/24/2012 11:16:34 AM

I live in Colorado, and I just have to realize that there are sick people in the world and we can't do anything to change that. What we can do is trust, just trust that we are safe and that we have guardian angels upon ourselves. And of course, we pray for those who are lost and for thosewho are devostated and hurt.

by thumperella14 on 7/24/2012 11:12:40 AM