2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 comes clean with @SebamedUSA's Clear Face Collection: http://t.co/16nwoJoQxP

2 HOURS AGO Katy Perry isn’t the only girl who can *ROAR*… Stand out with some cool animal-print fun for your feet!: http://t.co/Xc0EUlm5sL

19 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

COMMENTS

I feel left out of Dad's life

My dad's spending more time with his GF than with me...

What do I do? Im a sports fanatic and my dads crazy about me... when im in my equipment. I feel like my dad only cares when im the perfect daughter! Dad says it's not true then he goes off and ignores me! Life has been getting hard when this goes on because confronting him doesn't work! Someone have any advice for my sports crazed dad?

by bumtree on 5/20/2013 11:43:30 AM

mod mod mod
i need help . my dad left before i was born and i just found him on facebook ( im 13 ) i told my mum and everything but i have found out he was violent to my mum Frown i recently moved out of my mums exs house i knew him forever and i see his children at shool all the time Frown im not rich and i get jealous of other people !! i suffer from depression and self harm Frown please help me !!!! ;(

Hey girl, I am so sorry! I would suggest talking to your school's counselor. She will probably want to meet with you on a weekly basis, talking out things that are going on with you. -- Talking out your problems with another adult is a great way to start feeling better.

lauren r.

by sunriseXD on 4/13/2013 10:39:12 AM

mod mod mod !!!!!
My Dad is stressed out alot ! and when he is stressed out he does not like to talk to us 4 kids and me being the oldest i dont get any attention from him on a regulur schedule i want him to acually pay attention or notice me when he gets home from work and i want him to act more like im his daughter more then a stranger .... please help ?!?!?!

Hey girl! Is this something you can talk to your mom about?  Maybe she can step in and talk to your dad.  Or you can ask him if he wants to grab breakfast or lunch with you on the weekend when he's less stressed.  Talk to him about how you feel like you guys aren't very close- maybe you could go out once a week and get ice cream with him or go for a walk after dinner every Thursday so that you guys have time to catch up.  I'm sure he isn't ignoring you on purpose and would be happy to know you want to get closer to him. xoxo

Kate G.

by kwarnecke2000 on 8/21/2012 3:19:23 PM

Your not alone I feel exactly the same my dad just took his girlfriend to hong kong and hardly texts me or call me Frown

by ashie333 on 8/17/2012 11:21:25 AM

HELP! This relates to this article. Well every February vacation my family takes a vacation. I am so grateful to have that. But just last night i found out were not going on any vacation this year! Frown This is because this February vacation my dad has to go represent his company on his OWN vacation and my family can't go anywhere. I can't handle it. All my friends go on vacation during feb vaca. This makes me sad and it makes me feel insecure about my family now. I try not to think about it and think about what i have that other kids don't. But it's just hard! We possibly may go on a vacation with my dad to the trip. But that probably won't happen... Every time i bring it up my mom says she doesn't want to talk about it. HELP PLEASE! Frown Frown Frown

Hey girlie! It isn't your fault OR your parents' fault that your dad has to go on a business trip.  I know it seems like your dad's going on vacation, but he'll be working and missing you guys.  There's no reason to feel insecure.  There are lots of things you can do at home while your dad is on his trip that you wouldn't be able to do on vacation.  Plan a couple day trips with your mom and a movie marathon or two.  Your mom is probably bummed about vacation being cancelled too, which is why she doesn't want to talk about it.  xoxo

Kate G.

by bridget.murphy134 on 8/8/2012 10:04:23 AM

i understand what your saying

by brianna2001 on 7/13/2012 6:33:14 PM

I here you! eccept that its with my brother.. My brother is really mean to me, I was really sad and latly my brother has been saying hes his favorite and that my dad hates me. What he said got to me and my friends saw that something was wrong and so i told them. I think that my friends are more family then my real family. But whats important is that you have to find a day that you and your dad can just hangout, and if he says that he allready has a date with his girlfriend stick up for yourself and plain the very next day with him or find a day for all three of you! Go to the fair! Or the movies! just have fun and maybe you will like her! GOOD LUCK! Helen S.

by silkyswimmer on 7/10/2012 4:58:12 PM

Hey i know exactly how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me, only it was my dads wife! She would do or say stupid little things like "she stepped infront of me in the doorway, and that really hurt my feelings." or She would go hide in her bedroom and tell my dad to come in there because she did't "feel good" and she needed to talk to him. So all you have to do is talk to your dad, and tell him how you feel, if you point out some things to him he might reailize whats happening and actually do somthing about it. You just have to be forward and remember you shouldn't have to compete with someone for your dads atenttion, if he really loves you he will see that your more important than some girlfriend.

by pinkglitter1999 on 7/5/2012 8:16:56 PM

How do you ask a question on Dear Carol?

by theawsomeone.2468 on 7/3/2012 7:23:57 PM

Hey Girlys!
Need Advice On Any of These

-Guys
-New parents
-Divorce
-Beauty
-Reading
-School!
Anything!
Or If You just wanna make some friends join the Fashion Clicks Club!

by kat.anime on 6/27/2012 1:13:30 PM