AN HOUR AGO #QUIZ: What summer hobby should you try? http://t.co/2Q3FayqsQA pic.twitter.com/YahG4FWmzC

1 HOURS AGO We just heard that a #CluelessMusical is happening and we are FREAKING OUT! Have you ever heard of anything better?! pic.twitter.com/BUnoMJT3OB

2 HOURS AGO Do you feel like the Leaning Tower of Pisa when you walk in your heels? 👠:http://t.co/mD7TCG6pAXXpic.twitter.com/MzvgfrKGDZZ

COMMENTS

Nix spring try-out jitters

Get ready to get your game on!

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so, I'm participating in track & field at my school again this year. Last year I did Long jump, triple jump, 100 meter sprint and the 4 by 4 laps. This year only 15 people can do the sprints and all field events. I am really nervous and I am trying for long and triple jump. Any ways you think i can practice? thanks

Focus on those specific events and hone your skills.  Grab a friend or a family member and have them watch you practice and then tell you what your weaknesses are so you can work on them.

Jordan S.

by coldplay12 on 3/17/2012 6:23:55 PM

Everytime I'm in class I feel the need to talk. I know i shouldn't but, I just do it . I stop when I realize I am. Sometimes I get in trouble . Now I think I'm on my teacher's bad side. What should I do?

by Cartoon Kit-Kat on 3/10/2012 7:30:29 PM

MOD
I am going to try out for the travel soccer team, but I am also afraid of not making it! It isnt fair because my one sis got to be on one last year bc my parents coached it and so she is automatically going to be on it this year, and my littlest sis is automatically going to make the team this year because my parents are coaching her team!! about 4 years back , the coach wanted me to try out for the travel team but my parents wouldnt let me bc they thought I would get hurt!! but now that I am actually allowed to try out, the team has been together for four years so they probably wont need any one new, and plus there are a lot of older girls on that team! Its really unfair! Any tips on making the team?? plzzzzzzzz!!! thanks sooooo much!!

Hey girlie,

If you had your choice, would you want to get on the team because your parents are coaching...or because you actually EARNED it and played really hard? Duh, you wanna earn it! Just because there are a lot of older girls on the team doesn't mean there isn't a place for you. Ask your parents, the coach of the travel team, and even your sis for tips on training for soccer season. You'll probably want to work on cardio - endurance training, sprints, bleachers, etc. You gotta get used to running a LOT and not letting it get you tired! You also want to train with the soccer ball, so recruit some friends or family to help you with your form. Practice dribbling, shooting, even blocking shots as a goalie. You want to be a well-rounded player - and you want to be 100% prepared before the tryout, so practice OFTEN. You'll never get anything you want if you rely on your parents to guarantee you'll get it, you know? It takes hard work, dedication, and working on your talent... but you can do this, I know it! <3
Lauren C.

by honeycakes on 3/4/2012 11:54:00 AM

I haven't played a sport in a while...
What are some good spring sports that dont require you to be agressive but still gets you moving?

Hey girl,

Try track or tennis! You can usually play those sports as an "individual" (so you don't have to be aggressive) and also get moving to stay in shape for them Smile
Lauren C.

-Making money
-Health
-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
And anything you can possibly think of!!! Just comment on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 2/25/2012 11:31:13 PM

Hey everybody! Please join my new club, artists of the world!
Feel free to join whether YOUR art is;

-painting
-dance
-filming
-instrumental
-pottery
-scrapbooking
-sketching
-vocal
-photography
-writing
-sports!
-or any other ape of art

We will discuss popular subjects, interests and other things. No judging will be done! Feel free to vent, hang out and have a good time!

by fire_of_hope on 2/25/2012 9:26:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi, so yeah I'm a cheerleader as u can see from my username. And I need to know exercise to get ride of upper arm fast and inner and outer thigh fat, and how to lose weight on my calves. Thanks

Hey girlie,

I think the best thing for you would be a combo of cardio (running, biking, kickboxing, swimming) to burn fat, plus lean muscle training (pilates, yoga) to develop your muscles and make you a better cheerleader. Try joining a class to get the basics down! Alternate your exercises each day so you keep challenging your body and getting stronger Smile
Lauren C.

by CheerUrHeartOut on 2/25/2012 9:13:52 PM

Hey itsalovestory, think about the reasons you get so nervous around people you don't know. Is it because you
re afraid of what they're going to think of you? Or because you don't think they are going to like you? If so, let those negative thougts go. Practice makes perfect, so the more you practice talking to people the better you'll get at being less shy. Make yourself walk up to someone and start talking to them. And you have to fake it to you make it, so the more you fake being confident, the closer to it you will get. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 2/25/2012 8:41:24 PM

I am starting soccer soon, and I am really shy. When I get around people I don't know, I start shivering. Any advice to help me be more comfortable and relaxed around people I don't know?

Thanks!