These quotes from YA authors are all the inspiration you need
Books have far more than meets the eye. They inspire through troubled times and open doors to the places we had only hoped to discover. Charles William Eliot once said, "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors and the most patient of teachers." No matter what trials you face day-to-day, these inspiring quotes from some of your fave authors will you give you the guidance you've been looking for.
1. "Music carries the weight of being human, takes it away so you don't have to think at all, you just have to listen. Music tells every story there is." —Estelle Laure, This Raging Light
2. "The only way you can be the best at something is to be the best you can be." —Susan Beth Pfeffer, Life As We Knew It
3. "No one is useless in this world, who lightens the burden of it for anyone else." —Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (originally by Charles Dickens)
4. "The great thing about this life of ours is that you can be someone different to everybody." —Jennifer Niven, All the Bright Places
5. "The best things aren't perfectly constructed. They aren't illusions. They aren't larger than life. They are life." —Nina LaCour, Everything Leads to You
6. "It was about being able to dance like Cassidy did, as though no one was watching, as though the moment was infinite enough without needing to document its existence." —Robyn Schneider, The Beginning of Everything
7. "Life is a gift. Don't forget to live it." —Nicola Yoon, Everything, Everything
8. "Getting to know someone in blind darkness changes your impression of them." —Neal Shusterman, Unwind
9. "Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that." —Ally Condie, Matched
10. "We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken." —John Green, Looking for Alaska
11. "Even if I had homework and classes and clubs and everything like that, I set myself out to continue this [writing] process. And my roommate probably thought I was nuts because I was probably the only college kid who purposefully got up at like 4 a.m. every Friday to write before classes start. But it was my promise to myself to do it every week without stop, and little by little on planes, trains and automobiles, classes, patios, etc. I got the books done!" —Geanna Culbertson, Cristana Knight: The Severance Game
Who if your favorite author? Is there a quote that you live by? Share in the comments below.
Like this? You'll love these...
+The stages of cleaning your room, as told by GIFs
+Attention: Meme makeup is a thing now--and it's hilariou
+5 things you need to know about Becky G in the new Saban's Power Rangers